Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Strangee Korea

I feel like I'm running low on material these days, as the end is nearing and I'm spending my days planning for my journey once I leave Korea. The only news is that according to the Busan Ministry of Education, swine flu is "finished" or as they say "finishee." Sure it is. Anyway, with this new revelation, I had yet another adjustment in my summer schedule. First English camp, then skype, then office work, and now English camp is back on! It's only 5 days and I'm happy to be teaching, but I can't help but think they are a little ridiculous for not knowing when to just let it go. When we got word that camp was back on, my co-teachers were calling me from their vacation spots in Ireland and the Philippines to plan 5 days of class. Oh, Korea! Other than that, I'm just chilling at the beach and trying to keep myself entertained for 2 more weeks!

Speaking of entertainment, I thought I would dedicate this blog this to the weird and wonderous things I've found through out the year in Korea. From smelly bug snacks, to fish that suck your feet, to dogs with perms and hair dye, there's a lot of things in Korea that are different, to say the least. Perhaps my favorite thing is noticing all of the kooky English signs and t-shirts, with their typos and ridiculous names. I'll stop talking and just let you see for yourself.



pretty kitty..??



doggie dye


doggie eyebrows



somehow i doubt Kenny Rogers is aware of his singing rooms all over korea



a bakery called "Bland" !


standard baseball fan attire- plastic bag on your head


Next week, I'm on vacation (one week off and then one more week at school!) so I'm doing a temple stay in the mountains. That's right, I'll be living with monks and doing everything they do- even waking up to meditate at 4 a.m.- but only for a day and a night. It should be really interesting and different, so look forward to a blog on that at the end of next week. Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing animals pics that made me laugh... ………

Janny

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step